Frequently Asked Questions – Cloud Services
1. What is a managed cloud services provider?
Managed cloud services providers are responsible for building and maintaining a secure cloud network for your business, complete with backup strategies, data recovery features, and any other unique qualities your cloud infrastructure may require.
The idea is to provide a comprehensive cloud computing service that allows you to focus on what’s most important—managing your business—without having to worry about things like cybersecurity and how information is shared across your networks.
2. What are the different types of cloud services?
At XBASE Technologies, we offer a variety of managed hosting services and cloud service models that are custom-tailored according to the needs of your business as well as your budget. Cloud environments or deployment models consist of any of the following managed hosting services:
- Public cloud hostingis a cloud service model in which the service provider has ownership and grants access to a multitude of businesses on a pay-per-use Internet-based model.
- Private cloud hosting is a custom-designed cloud infrastructure that’s owned by a specific business.
- Hybrid cloud hostingcombines the best of both worlds to provide a well-rounded IT solution that meets all of your business’s needs.
3. Which cloud service model is most widely used?
The three main cloud computing service models are Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (Software as a Service).
Of the three, SaaS is the most commonly used cloud service model across the board. SaaS operates using a pay-per-use model in which different businesses and organizations are granted access to the software over the Internet. The reason SaaS is so popular is because it provides reliable IT solutions to Internet-based businesses such as those that perform a lot of customer service, sales, and other remote work using online platforms such as CRM, live chat, or email.
4. What are the benefits of using cloud computing services in Toronto for business?
Using an outsourced Microsoft cloud service provided by XBASE Technologies offers a number of useful advantages for your business. You get exceptional service flexibility, reliability, scalability, and performance levels. With our remote managed cloud services in Toronto, you can save a lot of time, money, and resources by not having to restructure your business to accommodate a limited in-house IT department. We handle all of your IT solution requirements remotely and provide 24/7 monitoring and troubleshooting services along with automatic software updates and integration.
Outsourcing cloud-based services in Toronto is also a more cost-effective and environmentally-friendly solution that ensures uninterrupted service and business continuity. Potential problems are identified and rectified immediately, so you don’t have to worry about downtime for your business.
5. What are the common cloud services?
Here is a list of the most common cloud services that our clients seek for their online businesses:
- SaaS and PaaS
- Hybrid cloud hosting
- Big data analytics
- Testing and development
- Disaster recovery
- Cloud storage
- Data backup, recovery, and transfers