If you have an internal IT team but still feel like your business is struggling to keep up with the latest technology trends, then co-managed IT services may be a good option for you.
In a co-managed IT services arrangement, an external managed IT services provider (MSP) works in concert with your internal IT team to augment the latter's competencies. The MSP can handle system maintenance and cybersecurity tasks, so your in-house team can focus on business-critical tasks like database programming.
In this article, we’ll discuss the top ways co-managed IT services can benefit your business. We'll also list the qualities to look for in a co-managed IT services provider so you can choose the right one for your organization.
What benefits can you gain from co-managed IT services?
Co-managed IT services offer the following benefits for businesses of all sizes and industries:
1. Increased efficiency
Co-managed IT services can help your business become more efficient by providing the IT tools and resources you need to succeed, such as top-of-the-line hardware and cutting-edge software. Using these tools and resources, you can accomplish tasks much faster and even automate repetitive tasks.
2. Improved return on investment (ROI)
When you partner with an MSP for co-managed IT services, your in-house IT department gets much-needed support, so it’s easier to ensure that nothing goes wrong and issues are mitigated before they can cause substantial damage. This can lead to improved ROI, as you'll be able to maximize your resources and get more value for your investment.
3. Easier budgeting and forecasting
MSPs offer predictable monthly billing, which makes it easier to budget and forecast IT expenditures. This also reduces unexpected expenses down the road while giving you the peace of mind of knowing that your IT needs are always met.
4. Enhanced security posture
MSPs typically have a pool of IT specialists, which includes cybersecurity experts who know how to keep your data safe from present and emerging cyberthreats. A good MSP will also work with you to create a tailored security strategy that meets your business’s specific needs.
Want to get started on designing your unique cybersecurity strategy? Download our FREE eBook on cybersecurity planning now!
5. Greater flexibility
Co-managed IT services allow you more room to grow your business without worry. For instance, if you need your IT team to focus on developing bespoke applications, then your MSP can manage day-to-day tasks so company operations continue smoothly.
How can your business choose the right co-managed IT provider?
When choosing a co-managed IT provider, it's important to consider the following factors:
- Experience and expertise – Make sure the provider you choose is familiar with the industry you operate in. They should also have a sound track record of delivering successful projects for businesses of the same size as yours.
- Scalability – Your provider should have an infrastructure that can handle sudden demand spikes or fluctuations so your business can easily scale up or down as needed.
- Flexibility – Pick an MSP that can adapt to your specific and evolving business requirements.
- Pricing and value – The provider's fee should be within your business budget and should be well worth its price.
- Customer service and support – Make sure that your prospective MSP has 24/7 IT support. You may want to ask for a trial period and try contacting their help desk after office hours or during weekends so you can better evaluate their response rate and customer service.
Partnering with the right co-managed IT provider offers plenty of benefits, but selecting the right provider can be challenging. If you're looking for a dependable and seasoned MSP to co-manage your tech, XBASE Technologies has you covered. We have over 30 years of experience in providing quality IT services that meet the specific needs of our clients in Ontario. Drop us a line to learn about all the EXponentially Better™ ways we can help your business reach your goals.